Being sick on a vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being sick on a vacation

What's the worst part of being sick on a trip?

I believe it's much worse in a hot country than in a colder one.

Heat would be more of an issue if it was an illness that involved fever. Personally I hate being sick anywhere that is not my own home; I need my bed. That's the worst thing for me. I've been lucky though, only thing I have got sick from over seas is alcohol. Short lived

Comment

I think the vulnerability would do me in, especially if I didn't know the language. Fortunately it has not happened to me.

Comment

Yes I agree, that must be awful. If you can't get an interpreter, then really you are at the mercy of drs who can't even ask you what is wrong with you.

Comment

That would be very bad thing.
          In most of the cases people get sick of weather changes, its better to manage the trip knowing a place very well before the travel.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new here and I wanted to ask if anyone of yiou could suggest me some websites where I can get a china pharmacy directory?? I am planning to go to China very soon but I fear that I may fall suddenly ill and I don't know where hospital and pharmacy are located. I already got a China pharmacy directory but still searching for a hospital one. Anyone of you who has been to China can help me with this please?? Do we have easy access to hospital and pharmacy in China?? As we say very often, prevention is better than cure ...that's why I want to prepare everything well before going there...

Comment

Being sick on a vacation is the worse part of the situation.

Comment

Its crap! Returning back is the worst part of being sick on vacation!

Comment

Everything about it is bad. I can't think of anything worse than paying money to go somewhere and being sick.

This tends to happen to my husband a lot : ( !

Comment

my cuurent job is pretty laid back, but I used to have a job where we only had 4 sick days per year, after that you gotten written up. We had 2 weeks vacation

Comment

Re:Being sick on a vacation

One of the most fun parts of my job is to go through all the file archives, all the way back to the 80's, and throw/destroy what is not needed. There are literally drawers and drawers of archives, and it's a backache. But I say "Fun" because I get to see all the inter-email drama that's gone on over the years and filed away in the personnel folders.
                      ---------
                      george

Comment

While fixing the destination, one should also get the info about the climatic conditions during that period. Being sick on a trip spoils the mood of others members also. Get more precautions in advance instead of treating at the later stage.
                        Luxury beach resorts
                        Luxury hotels in Paris

Comment

sick on vocation is such a awful condition.it make your vocations so bore and spoil your enjoying time
                          Sports Physical Therapy

Comment

I'm going to get a flu shot before my trip!

Comment

Diarrhea is the common ailment when you travel because you are not used to their food and water.

Comment

Working...
                              X