Chang Beer Rickshaw Run for Charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chang Beer Rickshaw Run for Charity

Hi everyone, my friends and I just finished the Indian Rickshaw Run. We were lucky enough to win an all expenses paid competition on the Chang Beer Facebook page. None of us new each other, but we got on together pretty well – most of the time - the 3 of us travelled from Cochin to Shillong in India some 4700 KM in a tuk tuk.

We had some great experiences, from being surrounded by lots of local Indians for photos, perverts trying to manhandle Zaya (girl), breaking down numerious time and coping with people crapping on the streets and filthy hotels.

The trip was certainly a challenge and a 3 wheel tin can, which had less road courtesy than a dog crossing the road, was just a miracle of which deserves a medal.

With all the pain, heat, and constant harassment, it was a great trip and I would advise anyone to get involved.

Chang basically let us do what we wanted, and we took lots of footage of the trip including daily diaries which they are posting on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/changbeer. The Adventurists that ran the event were very much the same – we were on our own with no support so basically they provided the tuk tuk and parties at the beginning and end – which were totally wild. Oh and we got a certificate or appreciation and an overwhelming feeling of relief that we survived and finished.

Just thought I would share our adventure and if you are up to or able to take off 3 weeks, I would recommend it to anyone of all ages. Just expect the worst and it can only get better – a little bit. I also hear Chang are going to be running other competitions for other challenge activities. Hopefully I will get 1st dibs on that. Better the money in my pocket than theirs.
Working...
X