one day stop in London and Rome on the way to Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one day stop in London and Rome on the way to Greece

I'm preparing a trip with my girlfriend to Greece in March and we are discussing the possiblity of arriving early to our stop cities on the outbound trip and on the way back as well which are London (flying there) and Rome (returning).

Our plane lands in London at 7:45am and then we have to take our connection at 18:30, which means we prolly have to be at the airport by 16:00.

On the way back, our plan lands in Rome at 14:20 and our connection is the next day at 9:15.

So I'm wanted to ask for feedback from you guys to see what recommendations you have about a quick 1 day tour. We are pretty much into sports and in London we have been discussing:

1. Land in Heathrow.
    2. Go visit Wembley stadium
    3. Go visit Chelsea's stamford bridge.
    4. Visit Wimbledon (a must for me)
    5. Tower of London if we have chance.

I took a look on Google maps and all these places seem close to each other and within the time range we have. If you guys think we can do something else, feel free to throw it in. Also, it would be good to hear from place to eat within those neighborhoods.

Now, in Rome we are talking about doing:

1. The Coliseum
    2. Roman Forum
    3. Capitoline Hill
    4. Venice Square
    5. Fontana dei Trevi (Trevi Fountain)
    6. Scala di Spagna (Spanish Steps)

and I came up with....

7. Have a Cafe at Caffe Sant'Eustachio
    8. and have dinner at a place called Piazza Navona

She has already been to Rome and she says that this is possible...so just to make sure I want to have kind of a confirmation of it.

So any tips, especially about how realistic does this sound, and what is the best transportation method to achieve it (subway, bus), would be extremely helpful for us. Also, feel free to toss in your tips on the Greek islands and what to do, where to eat and other activities. We are currently considering Mykonos and Santorini. Our mindset regarding the trip is to have a good time by the beach, chill, talk walks, relax and enjoy the views... we are not too much into partying or heavy drinking.

Thanks !!
Working...
X