7 Wonders of Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Wonders of Asia

7 Wonders things in Asia you should not missing!

1. Grate Wall of China in China
    It is the largest human-made structure ever built in terms of surface area and mass. At its peak, the Ming Wall was guarded by more than one million men. It has been estimated that somewhere in the range of 2 to 3 million Chinese died as part of the centuries-long project of building the wall.

2. Taj Mahal in India

The Taj Mahal is considered the finest example of Mughal architecture, a style that combines elements from Persian, Turkish, Indian, and Islamic architectural styles. In 1983, the Taj Mahal became a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was cited as "the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage."

3. Angkor Wat in Cambodia
    Angkor Wat is a temple at Angkor, Cambodia, built for King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. The largest and best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious centre since its foundation—first Hindu, dedicated to Vishnu, then Buddhist. The temple is the epitome of the high classical style of Khmer architecture. It has become a symbol of Cambodia, appearing on its national flag, and it is the country's prime attraction for visitors.

4. Bali in Indonesia
    The island is home to the vast majority of Indonesia's small Hindu minority. It is also the largest tourist destination in the country and is renowned for its highly developed arts, including dance, sculpture, painting, leather, metalworking and music.

5. Bagan in Myanmar

UNESCO has unsuccessfully tried to designate Bagan as a World Heritage Site. The military junta (SPDC) has haphazardly restored ancient stupas, temples and buildings, ignoring original architectural styles and using modern materials that bear no resemblance to the original designs.

6 Halong Bay in Vietnam
    Ha Long Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage site located in Quảng Ninh province, Vietnam. The bay features thousands of limestone karsts and isles in various sizes and shapes.

7. Ko Phi Phi in Thailand
    ~ Ko Phi Phi Don
    Ko Phi Phi Don is now squarely on the tourist map, and tourists from all over the world (especially Europe, Japan, and the wealthier Southeast Asian countries) flock to the island. Accessible from Phuket and mainland Krabi province, all tourists must arrive by boat.
    ~ Ko Phi Phi Leh
    Ko Phi Phi Leh is the second largest island of the archipelago, the largest one being Ko Phi Phi Don. The island consists of a ring of steep limestone hills surrounding a shallow bay, the Mahya Bay.
    MY SIGNATURE WAS TOO BIG

Hello to all

Thank you for sharing information with all. Every one knows the 7 wonders of world, but this will provide them information about 7 wonders of Asia. Please keep sharing more nad more about this.

Have a nice day ahead
    Thanks
    Public Address Systems Installation

Comment

Thanks for the information.
      Holiday Homes

Comment

hello everyone, i find this forum very interesting. i am also new here, thankyou for the info. :P
        airfrance promo

Comment

has anyone here voted for Ha Long Bay as one of new 7 wonders yet?
          Vietnam travel

Comment

View the Wonders of Asia just a click away. Get informed about The Taj Mahal, The Great Wall of China, Pride of Malaysia, Angkor Wat, Borobudur, Meenakshi Temple and Forbidden City. Cherish the ultimate stretch of human fantasy manifested in architecture.
            Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

How about that thingy in Palawan, Philippines, I heard from somewhere that it is one of the best places to visit in Asia. Its a long underground river cave that most tourists visit. Well, I do hope I learn more about it and even see it in the future...
              Australian ETA

Comment

yes i am agree with that bali is really a wonder of asia.....no doubt...
                ubud accomodation and ubud lodging

Comment

I've been searching for the pictures of the 7 wonders of the asia that you post.. thumbs up! really amazing! thanks for the info anyway..!
                  Lake Havasu City

Comment

This is good information. I knew about the main ones (Great Wall, Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat), but didn't really know about the others.

They will be on my list to visit in the future!

Comment

View the Wonders of Asia just a click away. Get informed about The Taj Mahal, The Great Wall of China, Pride of Malaysia, Angkor Wat, Borobudur, Meenakshi Temple and Forbidden City. Cherish the ultimate stretch of human fantasy manifested in architecture.
                      Last edited by andreson; 03-19-2010, 07:35 PM.
                      Reviews of Hawaiian Activities

Comment

I have heard and visited the first 2 places in the list but I have to say that I haven't heard of the last 5 destination. Well, first of is because there are other places in the country said that is being advertised more. For example, if I were to visit, I definitely would visit either Bangkok and Pattaya and of course the King's palace as they are more popular. Anyhow, I'm sure that those are great places to visit too.
                        Plan to Work Abroad? Have a Work in Australia nowJobs in Australia - PrincipalVisas.com

Comment

There are a lot of great scenes and great places to go like the Rice Teraces from the Philippies, and this should be included to the new wonders of the world and also the Temples in Japan like the Enkakuji Temples.
                          Plan to Work Abroad? Have a Work in Australia nowJobs in Australia - PrincipalVisas.com

Comment

hello friend!
                            thanks for share this information.
                            Last edited by holidays2kerala; 12-28-2012, 09:55 AM.
                            Tour Packages Kerala l Holiday Packages Kerala l Kerala Holiday Packages

Comment

It is really awesome and I must appreciate your imagination. All the place are almost wonder and worth to visit in 2013. Added in my wishlist of 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X