6-8 Month Itinerary Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-8 Month Itinerary Help

Hello all, I could use some opinions on a trip I'm currently planning. In August I will be finishing three years teaching and living in South Korea. Before heading back to the US I want to travel for 6-8 months. I will have about 10,000 usd saved. I'm currently toying with two different routes.

The first would be to fly to Istanbul and travel for about 45 days in Eastern Europe. I'm thinking of including Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, And Ukraine. Then I would head to Moscow and catch the Trans Siberian to Mongolia. Then onward to China and eventually SE Asia ending in Singapore. The plan would be to do this all overland. Now my biggest concern is the weather. I now Russia, Mongolia, and China won't be too warm in October-January. I know it would make more sense to start in Asia, but then I would be in Mongolia and Russia in Jan/Feb which doesn't sound like fun!

My second is to start in Mongolia and then make my way down to Australia going through China, SE Asia and maybe Papua New Guinea.

I'd love to heard any opinions on these two trips. Pros? Cons? Anything you think could help me make a decision.

Thanks in Advance
    steven barbarich
Working...
X