Bangladesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangladesh

Bangladesh is located on the northern edge of the Bay of Bengal; it is bordered on three sides by India and shares a small border with Burma. Approximately 160 million people inhabit Bangladesh, which has a land area of 55,598 square miles, slightly less than that of Iowa. It is the eighth most populous nation in the world and the most densely populated country, aside from some city states and tiny island nations.

Bangladesh consists primarily of low-lying deltaic plains. The Ganges and Brahmaputra Rivers (known as the Padma and Jamuna in Bangladesh) and countless tributaries crisscross the country. The capital, Dhaka, is about 25 feet above sea level. During the monsoon season from June to October, up to 30 percent of the country is affected by seasonal flooding. On occasion, as much as 70 percent of the country may be flooded if the monsoons are particularly heavy. Heavy rainfall is characteristic of Bangladesh, with most parts of the country receiving about 200 centimeters (80 inches) of rainfall per year. Annual cyclones can cause extreme flooding and have led to extensive loss of life and property damage.

Bangladesh is a parliamentary democracy with a unicameral legislature. The nation is a developing country with severe infrastructure shortcomings. Outside of Dhaka, tourist facilities are under-developed, as are capacities to deal with emergency situations. Read the Department of State’s Fact Sheet on Bangladesh for additional information on U.S. – Bangladesh relations.

I visited the Bangladesh last summer after enjoying my hoover dam helicopter tour with my friend. This country is small in size but offers a lot of incredible places to see. Hill tracks Rangamati, Khagrachari, Zia Park Complex, Chittagong and Tea Garden in Sylhet are the most visited destinations of this region.

Comment

Bangladesh has the most natural landmarks which make Bangladesh a dream travel destination for tourists. Bangladesh is one of the most densely populated country of the world but the people here are warm hearted and treat guests so cordially that guests don’t feel like they are outside of their home. This kind of hospitality can alone be a reason to travel to Bangladesh.

Comment

Muk, would you like to tell me about your favorite attractions of Bangladesh? After reading your post I am feeling you have great experience of this country.

Comment

Yeah! Bangladesh is a nice country. A few years ago I visited it. Here I am going to share my experience of Bangladesh. Its destinations are so gorgeous and attractive. St. Martin's Island, Hussaini Dalan and Ramna Park are amazing places for tourism. I really enjoyed these places. I would love to go there again.

Comment

jess! I am going to agree with you Bangladesh is a nice country. I have been visited there at once in my life so now I have a plan to go there again in my future life. I hope I will great fun there with my aunt, She love to visiting and she had visited there many times in her life so She well know about its attractions now "i am busy in my bus trips to niagara falls from boston.

Comment

Working...
            X