Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel in Vietnam and Cambodia

Hi there,

I am interested in a trip from Vietnam to Cambodia in two weeks time. But in fact, I got many trouble in planning a travel plan. I have a very special who will be in Vietnam from UK in the late of this December. I am wondering whether we can travel together in a smooth way because this will be the first time I come to another country.

I don't know how to get to Cambodia, by Waterways or by airways is better?
    My friend loves adventure and I would love to visit Angkor Watt. Is it safe when travel at that time? Are 14 days long enough to cover 2 countries? Should we take a journey in Mekong Delta? We also want to find a reliable travel agent to carry out our trip but it seem to be difficult. Could you advise us one? There are many travel agents and tour operators that make me really confused.

I really appreciate if you could give me some useful advice on this.
    Thank you.

sily8x

Hello dear,

I have just come across and found your message. And I would like to share you my travel experience when I was in Cambodia last year.

Last summer I had one full month for my holiday. I went to Saigon to see my brother's family. We four persons (my brother, my sister-in-law, my niece and I) join in a 7days cruise from Saigon to Siem Reap. It really made us unforgettable memories about the rural lifestyle of people along Mekong delta and spectacular scenery on the way.

14 days are long enough for you to take this tour. You could even have more opportunity to enjoy all the beautiful thing than we had there.you had better spend your first week on visiting Vietnam the the second week on visiting Cambodia. We traveled with a travel agent named Hanoi Voyages (Phnom Penh Tour - Your Travel Partner in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam - Phnompenh tour). They provided us a range of quality services from accommodation to sightseeing. The guides were very warm-heated and professional and the manager called us daily
    to take care our trip. We were very pleased with their services.

Take a look on their website to have the useful information in planning your trip. Getting advice from their travel consultants are an smart idea too.

Hope you arrange well your trip.

Comment

Cambodia is a very poor country. I've been there and i dont like what i see.

Comment

Well my ideas are somewhat same as said by the person above me about Cambodia, I happened to go there and the trip was well forgettable for me. Rather I have relishing memories of Vietnam which also happens to my honeymoon destination later this year. If there is one place in the earth I would love to be its Vietnam and nowhere else.

Surprises me that you need to fly all the way to Cambodia where else you should have called the person at Vietnam. I am sure no one can deny the fascinating country on visiting it.
        Holiday villas

Comment

You should go by train because there are a lot of beautiful scenes to view and to take pics
          MY SIGNATURE WAS TOO BIG
          1 textlink only

Comment

Hi !

There are 2 ways for you to travel from Viet nam to Cambodia.
            first, you can flight from Ho Chi Minh city to Phnompenh or Siem Riep.
            second, you drive to Chau Doc and take a speedboat on mekong river to Phnom Penh.
            Have a good trip !

P/s: if you arrive Angko, do not miss enjoy the Sunrise and Sunset at Angko wat and Tonle Sap lake.

Cheer - happy new year 2009
            Enjoy a part of your life by travel !

Comment

Working...
            X