Travel to Sapa in Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to Sapa in Vietnam

Sapa is a mountainous district of Lao Cai province with an area of 678.6 km2, located in north – west Vietnam. Sapa is 38 km far away from Lao Cai city and 376km from Hanoi city. The population density here is 41.700 people with 6 different hill tribes as H’Mong, Dao, Tay, Giay, Xa Pho, Kinh, Hoa.
    Sapa means "town of sand" (Sa (sand), Pa (town) in chinese characters). Northern Vietnam was previously known as Tonkin, and the Sapa area was named “Tonkinese Alps” by French.

Sapa was discovered by French in 1918 and after that, in 1932 they built the town as a wonderful health resort with a stone church, market, a complex of villas and hotels, aerodrome by Tram Ton Pass, the hydro-electric power station in Cat Cat village and the surrounding area, which have since been abandoned or destroyed. They also established road linking with Lao Cai and Lai Chau. Since 1945, Sapa has been governed by the Vietnamese political system. In early 1979, there was an armed assault in Sapa which destroyed most of the buildings. Due to Vietnamese resistance, this conflict lasted less than two weeks. Only a few of the original French buildings remained intact. Major population centers such as Lao Cai were razed to the ground. The ruins of the French villas are prominent on the route from Sapa to Sin Chai village.

At a height from 1.500 to 1.800m above sea level, Sapa is a beautiful resort town which hides itself in cloud. The average temperature of this area is 15ºC-18°C. It is cool in summer and cold in winter. Sometimes, there is snow falling in winter. This is a specific thing in Sapa. It attracts a lot of tourists coming here to experience Sapa’s climate. Tourists to Sapa in summer can feel the climate of four seasons in one day. In the morning and afternoon, it is cool like the weather of spring and autumn. At noon, it is sunny and cloudless like the weather of summer. And it is cold in the evening. Without advance forecast of a thunderstorm, short and heavy rain may come at noon in any summer days. Subsequently, a rainbow appears, turning Sapa into a magic land, which has been a constant source of poetic inspiration for years, lights up the whole region.

Sapa is a kingdom of colorful flower species like rose, orchid flower, apricot flower, peach flower, espeacially Helichrysum bracteatum.
    Sapa is famous for many natural sightseeing spots like Silver Waterfall, Ham Rong Mountain, Fansipan Mountain, Bamboo forest, Rattan bridge, Taphin cave and so on that attract a lot of travelers.
    Manhattan Cheap Hotels | New York Hotel

Sapa is an old French Colonial Hill base nestled amidst the accomplished abundance ambit in Vietnam, Hoang Lien Son which is abutting to the Chinese border.
    kingston airport transfers

Comment

Thanks for this travel guide to Sapa. Can you recommend us some good accommodation or hotels to stay in?
      Bali Villas

Comment

Most of the tourists are interested to discover amazing areas. They love to be the outdoorsmen. The sport traveling activity includes skydiving, ascending, snorkeling, snowboarding and any kind of excessive sports.
        used cars for sale

Comment

Just studying locations in Sapa (and Hanoi) and came up with web websites that say that Baguette & Chocolat in both locations is aspect of a preparing exercising university for deprived youths. If this is so then I will be there as soon as I appear in Sapa! Excellent on them.
          New York City Hotel

Comment

Well, this is really good information because Sapa is one of the beautiful destinations in Vietnam where numbers of visitors comes from all over the world.
            Your best World holiday destinations | Caribbean Cruises as well as get all types of news in News Beat | Latest News

Comment

I like atmosphere in Sapa

Comment

Sapa is a beautiful areas.
                Something to go off road: visit Muong Khuong or Bac Ha for some incredible trekking.
                Sapa Tours / Laos Tours/ Cambodia Tours / Myanmar Tours/ Vietnam Tour

Comment

Thanks to all for sharing this such nice information about sapa travel in vietnam. Sapa is most popular and famous destination for general tourists and adventurous trekkers. I like to see snow on the higher mountains of this place.
                  Last edited by lerwickmorris; 07-16-2012, 09:13 AM.
                  Vietnam travel

Comment

Sapa is beautiful place with nice weather and nice people...
                    Horizon VietNam Travel - Travel Agent In Ha Noi
                    Vietnam Package tour-Laos Tour-Cambodia- Myanmar Tour- Indochina Tour
                    Ha Long Bay Cruise
                    Email: info@wayto-vietnamindochina.com
                    Hotline: (+84) 04 37 93 86 37

Comment

Sapa is my mother's home, i love living there in summer because it's very cool and i can avoid the hot weather in Hanoi. Moreover, Sapa has many beautiful sightseeings, some fun activities for picnic such as: walking around the lake, trekking Hoang Lien Son mountain, visiting Ham Rong mountain where has numerous kinds of flowers, etc.
                      Vietnam tourism Travel Agency

Comment

Sapa is wonderful travel destination for traveller. When you come here, you will discorver news thing such as culture, people , beatyful space
                        Vietnam Opentour Sinhcafe
                        Address 1: 93 Hong Ha, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi city
                        Tel: (+84.4) 3717 18 18
                        Fax: (+84.4) 37171525 - 37173553
                        Email: info@vietnamtravelways.com
                        Yahoo: ecommerce42 - Skype: man_ecommerce

Comment

Sa Pa is a very beautiful place in Vietnam. It is a capital of Sa Pa Distric. There are so many best destination places in SaPa like Sapa Ta Van Village, Sapa Coc Ly Market, Bac Ha Market, Sapa Muong Hum Market, Can Cau Market, Lao Chai Village and so many other. These all are best attraction point for tourist. Tourist can stay in best hotels when in SaPa. Chau Long Sapa Hotel and Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa are best royal resort in SaPa.
                          Ancorar Flat Resort

Comment

As I know, Sapa is an attractive tourism attractive destinton for not only domestic but also foreign toiurism. I will visit this place if I have chance.
                            vietnam travel,halong cruise, halong tours,

Comment

Most of the tourists are interested to discover amazing areas. They love to be outdoors men. This sport travel activity includes skydiving, ascending, diving, skiing and any kind of extreme sport.
                              Boston Activities

Comment

Working...
                              X