Irish Black Pudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Black Pudding

Drisheen is often viewed as a type of black pudding made in Ireland. Irish black pudding, made from a mixture of cow's, pig's and/or sheep's blood, milk, salt, fat and breadcrumbs which is boiled and sieved and finally cooked using the main intestine of an animal (typically a pig or sheep) as the sausage skin.
    The sausage may be flavoured with herbs, such as Tansy. Drisheen is often mixed up with pudding as it is similar to pudding in many respects. The recipe for drisheen varies widely from place to place and it also differs depending on the time of year. Drisheen is a cooked product but it usually requires further preparation before eating. How this is done varies widely from locality to locality.
    In Cork and Limerick, the dish is often paired with tripe, where it is known as "Packet & Tripe".
    Drisheen is mentioned in James Joyce's Ulysses and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. It is described in the celebrated travel-writer H.V. Morton's 1930 book In Search of Ireland, although the waiter in the Cork Hotel Morton was staying at thought he was joking when he asked for it.
    Vikings Shelly Lakes

When I read Sheep's Blood then you lost my interest. Any meal that involves blood gets my stomach to turn around completely.
    Administrator

Comment

Clonakilty Irish pudding is the best!

Clonakilty Food Company
      Self Catering Accommodation Co. Monaghan Ireland

Comment

Speaking about Irish food

Speaking about Irish food, there are few restaurants in Dublin I would like to recommend you all: 1. T.P. Smith 2. M J O’Neill’s and 3. Johnnie’s Fox Pub. If you wish to find some more information about Dublin, go inside Easy Click Travel web site and enter the travel guide section, down the page you'll find many cities including Dublin, press on top and you'll discover quite a lot of essential information

Comment

I love puddings. The last visited villa akyarlar from me is also good in its foods and accommodation services. I love their puddings too.

Comment

Any meal that involves blood gets my stomach to turn around completely.
            Hi, the Black puddings have been a part of cuisine all over the world although nowadays it is rarely seen. The Irish Black Pudding is one of the most famous cuisines of Ireland.
            The Irish Stew made from lamb, or mutton, along with potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage is also a famous Irish cuisine.
            car hire at Dublin airport

Comment

I love Irish food and pudding is my favorite one. Thanks for sharing this information.
              Denmark Holidays

Comment

Irish pudding is great!

Comment

Originally posted by jimyerman View Post
                  Drisheen is often viewed as a type of black pudding made in Ireland. Irish black pudding, made from a mixture of cow's, pig's and/or sheep's blood, milk, salt, fat and breadcrumbs which is boiled and sieved and finally cooked using the main intestine of an animal (typically a pig or sheep) as the sausage skin.
                  The sausage may be flavoured with herbs, such as Tansy. Drisheen is often mixed up with pudding as it is similar to pudding in many respects. The recipe for drisheen varies widely from place to place and it also differs depending on the time of year. Drisheen is a cooked product but it usually requires further preparation before eating. How this is done varies widely from locality to locality.
                  In Cork and Limerick, the dish is often paired with tripe, where it is known as "Packet & Tripe".
                  Drisheen is mentioned in James Joyce's Ulysses and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. It is described in the celebrated travel-writer H.V. Morton's 1930 book In Search of Ireland, although the waiter in the Cork Hotel Morton was staying at thought he was joking when he asked for it.
                  Wow, I would love to try it at least once.
                  online holiday complaints

Comment

Working...
                  X