travelling 30 years ago and travelling today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling 30 years ago and travelling today

What do you believe is the most important evolution on world travelling and what do you thing is the most significant difference between travelling 30 years ago and travelling today? I'd really like to hear your opinions

the online booking

There are many differences but in my opinion the most important one is the online booking. 30 years ago we didn't have online bookings therefore everything was much more complicated and much less accessible. 30 years ago going abroad was almost like preparing a journey to the moon. Nowadays it is all much simpler, cheaper and easier. Although there are many things I truly miss I do know to appreciate advantages of the 21st century.

Comment

Online booking - can't agree more !!

Can't agree more!! Online booking is indeed one of the best things happened to us lately. easyclicktravel.com and lastminutetravel.com, tripadvisor and expedia are only few of the main online booking websites which changed everybody's life and made them much easier. Competitive prices on one hand and the easiness concerning bookings on the other hand made our world travelling much more accessible and that is certainly something we can't take for granted after all that hassle we had to go through up until 15-20 years ago.

Comment

re:travelling 30 years ago and travelling today

Hello,

I think there is a huge difference in today's traveling and traveling 30 years ago. now a days we can easily book our tickets of trains and plane. we easily reach any place that we want without any difficulty because now we can take all the details before traveling. so many changes from that time.

thanks!!

Comment

thrilling, fascinating and spectacular

Originally posted by evalaviajera View Post
          Can't agree more!! Online booking is indeed one of the best things happened to us lately. easyclicktravel.com and lastminutetravel.com, tripadvisor and expedia are only few of the main online booking websites which changed everybody's life and made them much easier. Competitive prices on one hand and the easiness concerning bookings on the other hand made our world travelling much more accessible and that is certainly something we can't take for granted after all that hassle we had to go through up until 15-20 years ago.
          But than again we all must admit that travelling 30 years ago was much more thrilling, fascinating and spectacular, particularly because there was no on line booking...Everything was more appreciated because it wasn't as easy. I'm glad everybody can travel but on the other hand I'm sad whenever I face globalization which makes everybody the same for good but unfortunately for bad too. Anyway, I can't imagine myself today without the online booking. You've mentioned easyclicktravel web site, I actually use it quite often- changed my life really- couldn't live without it. That's the way it goes I guess...

Comment

Transportation of course is one of the biggest improvement that we have for traveling since 30 years ago. The roads are now better and there are a lot more options for traveling. The difference that I see from traveling then and now is that although the travel experience is better, the destinations are somewhat different. I remember on how I loved to visit this one beach (wont say the name) and lately, I am not anymore as the place has been trashed by tourists. There are trash everywhere and it is not as pure. I hope that people should realize that the beauty of nature is not
            their trash can.
            Plan to Work Abroad? Have a Work in Australia nowJobs in Australia - PrincipalVisas.com

Comment

Yes it’s a big difference 30 years ago travelling because there weren't any online bookings and the whole thing was much more complicated and slower. Going in a foreign country was almost like travelling to the moon, wasn't it?
              Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

Working...
              X